Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post #9

4:06 PM



STSmall_thumb[2]
 The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by  Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  Both are a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and talk about what is coming up for the week on our blog. Link up each week.  I will be doing Weekly Recap, What books I got that week, and a sneak peek of what to expect for the next week on my blog.

  

Beautiful Disaster


I only got one book this week, but I've been dying to read this one!  I got an email from Netgalley saying it was pre approved for the month of August I think.  So if you wanted to read this one too and you use Netgalley you should definitely get it while you still can.


This morning Susan Dennard, author of Something Strange and Deadly, stopped by for a guest post about the fashion in her book.  If you haven't read it yet the pictures and descriptions she gives will help you picture the characters better and get a feel for the book.  If you have read the book you'll want to see if what you imagined matches up! 

 I've been using my old computer (that takes 15 minutes to start up) because my laptop died last Monday. My awesome calendar will be back next week don't worry!

  I was able to get some posts in this week, but the end of the week got really busy.  I visited my best friend's apartment.  We had all these plans to go out, but we ended up staying in, baking, and watching the Olympics.  Even though we were thoroughly confused by the opening ceremony, it was really fun!  Saturday morning we decided to go for a run in the park.  Um...it was 93 degrees.  I don't know why on earth we decided to do this, but I almost fainted.  The parts of the path that were shaded were really nice, but I still wouldn't ever want to do that again.  Next week I plan on catching up with reviews and reading.  I have so many library books due soon and books authors sent me months ago to review.


What goodies did you get this week? 
 Leave a link and I'll stop by.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images