What Vampire Academy Taught Me About Voting

12:00 AM

I was reading Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) and one character is not allowed to vote on the royal council because of some rule.  Rose is mad because this character's vote would change the fate of many young damphires.  

It made me think about voting this election today.  We never realize how important our votes are until we don't have the right to vote.  I heard lots of people in my state saying they weren't going to vote because with Hurricane Sandy cutting out lots of power it's "too much work to figure out where the polls will be".  That's not really an excuse in my opinion.  It's called go to Starbucks and use their WiFi to find out where it is on your smartphone. 

 Even if you think your vote doesn't change anything you shouldn't pass up the opportunity to exercise one of your rights.  We're lucky enough to have them.  Might as well use them.

My rant is over now.  Check out my Top Ten Tuesday!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images