Book Signing & Weekly Event: Top Ten Tuesday

3:37 PM








pic.twitter.com/S7QEjQfK
First I want to share with you my experience of my first book signing! 
Then I'll share my TOP TEN TUESDAY POST!



My cousin, brother's girlfriend, and I were at The International Make Up Artist Trade Show earlier in the day.  This is us rushing to the book signing.  One subway ride, 6 blocks, and 2 blisters later and we arrived.  We missed the question/answer portion of the day, but I was just glad to get there.  














I was the second to last person in line so I waited anxiously on the side wondering what I would say to the authors when I got up there.





This is Veronica Rossi author of Under the Never Sky.  If you haven't read this book you need to!  I had read her book in one day straight.  I was so nervous to meet her, but she was really nice!    She even wrote down my blog web address.  Then later that day she followed me back on twitter.  I think my life is complete now.  







.




Next I met Tahereh Mafi and I was speechless.  She's such an inspiration to me because she is only a  few years older and has wrote such a wonderful book already.    Shatter Me is poetically beautiful and sizzling hot at the same time.  I can't wait to read more of her work.  Tahereh put me at ease immediately.  She has a great sense of humor and seems like a normal person (even though I think of her as a celebrity still)










I also met Anna Carey author of Eve.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with her, but she did sign my book and I look forward to reading her book real soon.


Last but not least, Lauren Oliver signed my copy of Delirium!  My hands were shaking as I handed over the book.  I was so excited to finally meet this author that I looked up to so much.  She was really nice as well.























This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the 
Bookish.  All you have to do is add a link back to the hosts page and compile your top ten list of the week.  Each week there is a new top ten list announced and bloggers post their top ten.




(#3)
Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers

1. Dark font on light background.  When I go to blogs that have black backgrounds with neon text I immediately leave because it's too hard to read.  Same goes for blogs that have a lot of stuff all over the place.  If it's too messy or illegible I won't waste my time.
2. Variety. I like blogs that have lots of pictures, videos, gifs, and text.  Too much of one is not good, but it's great when it's balanced.  I also like watching videos like IMM posts where we get to learn about the person behind the blog.
3. Social Media. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Tumblr, email, etc.  If you don't have time for all of those then at least get a Twitter account.  I could spend hours on twitter reading other people's blog posts.  It's also a great way to connect with other bloggers.
4. Be Observant. I visit lots of other blogs and when I see what I like I try to use it in my own blog.  For example, I saw one blog had a blog roll and googled how to make a marquee scroll.  Don't plagerize or steal someone else's idea, but learn from your peers.
5. Memes. Participating in weekly memes/events is fun, but try not to get carried away.  I try to post reviews and other things in between memes.  Memes are great ways to gain followers and connect with other bloggers.  If you do participate make sure you visit other blogs and comment on theirs as well.
6. Be Yourself. I was so nervous the first time I made a video post, but by the third video I just hit record and started talking straight through.  Don't worry about what other people will think of you.
7. Participate in other events. I've started participating in Jackson Pearce's Liveshow every Tuesday, Random Buzzers twitter chats, and book signings.  It's a lot of fun to meet people who share your passion and it also gives you fun things to blog about.
8. Review New and Old books. Yes it is important to review ARCS and newly released books, but it is also important to review books that have been out for awhile.  Most people that don't blog are not receiving arcs and may want to read a review of something that has been out for awhile.  As a blogger you should be able to read whatever you want also.  Read whatever you want.
9. Be Nice. When you comment on other people's blogs, when you post on your own blog, when you do reviews, just be nice.  There are ways to say that you don't like something without attacking the person who wrote it.  As your mama probably told ya: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
10. Have fun.  Blogging is just a hobby since most of us don't get paid.  If you're not having fun then you're not doing it right.  Blogging is supposed to be about sharing your passion for books with the world and meeting others who have that same passion as well.

I want to learn from you guys...what are your top ten tips?
Leave a link below with your post and I'll stop by.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images