15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 6

12:00 AM



DAY 6:

      I love buying physical books.  There's something about going to the store, browsing the shelves for an hour or so and leaving with one or ten new books.  If I'm having a bad day a trip to B&N can cheer me up.  In fact, one day I was having a terrible day and my mom suggested a trip to the bookstore...she knows me well.  I'm convinced retail therapy is a real thing!


     First thing I do when I get to the bookstore is go to the YA section and look at all the end caps.  I don't know why.  Then I look at the shelves multiple times.  Eventually I mosey on over to the Adult Fiction section, but after about a minute I think to myself "who am I kidding?" and go back to the YA section.  Finally I check out the New Release shelves by the door and the sale shelves.  Then I might go back to YA section and pick up a few books I wasn't sure about.  Then and only then do I check out.

     Now recently I discovered the miracle that is Amazon Prime and Kindle books.  You guys...it's very dangerous and addicting!  That one click to buy button is pure evil.  I still prefer going to the actual store, but lately it's been more convenient to just order online.

So how do you guys buy books?  Do you have a in store ritual like me or am I weird?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images