Bout of Bookes 8.0 Goals and Updates

2:44 PM



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Goals:
Visit at least 3 blogs a day
Participate in tweet chats #BoutOfBooks (mon@2pm and Wed@9pm)
Participate in 2 or more challenges

The BookBFFs and I each came up with a mini challenge like BookTubeAThon.

Novella: As They Slip Away
Debut: Reboot
Male POV: Monument 14
Procrastinated starting: Eve
Children Classic Reread: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal

These are bonuses:
Audiobook: Losing Hope
Adaptation: City of Bones!

MONDAY

What I've read today: Eve (240pgs) 
Totatal number of pgs today: 240
Total number of books I’ve read so far: x
Participated in: Twitter Chat & Bookish Bucket List Challenge
Reviews: x
Thoughts: x I was hating this one at first, but now I'm actually kind of liking it.  It's very suspenseful.  I just keep seeing plot holes and world building issues. It's reminding me of The Host and Delirium mixed together.
Today in 140 characters: If in Twitter jail there was bail that was met when someone started a # trending, Amanda's account would never be in a cyber cell again. 
Favorite quote of the day: 
"No, I thought then, and now, watching as Caleb glanced up at me and smiled that kind, brilliant smile.  Happiness is a moment." -Eve

TUESDAY

What I've read today: Eve (96pgs), Losing Hope Audiobook (10%), Reboot (22), HP y la piedra filosofal (23)
Total number of pgs I've read today: 141
 number of books I’ve read so far: 1
Participated in: Commented on blogs and met some people on twitter!
Thoughts: I really liked the last half of Eve.  Once the main character wasn't frustrating me anymore.  I'm definitely going to continue that series eventually. I'm loving reading Harry Potter in Spanish! Also reboot is awesome so far and I'm only a few pgs in!
Today in 140 characters: Book BFF's video update day 1&2
Favorite quote of the day: 
"Love was death's only adversary, the only thing powerful enough to combat its clawing, desperate grasp."-Eve

WEDNESDAY

What I've read today: Reboot (43), Unearthly (45)
Totatal number of pgs today: 91
Total number of books I’ve read so far: 1
Participated in:x
Reviews: X
Thoughts: I'm loving Reboot. The world building is phenomenal and so original.  Twenty-two is adorable and wren is so kick ass.  I'm also loving my reread of Unearthly.  I'm behind on that though lol. I keep getting side tracked. Like today I ended up going to the b&n that's moving in my town bc they were having a big sale.  And then at night I went to dinner with my family.  So I only read before bed pretty much.  Sometimes during rewdsthons I know I'm supposed to be reading so I don't. Anyone else have this issue?
Today in 140 characters: Procrastinating by buying more books can be fun, but kind of unproductive if you really think about it.  tomorrow will be better...I hope.
Favorite quote of the day: 
"Try not to scream when I break your bones. It bothers me. You can cry if you want; that's fine."
He burst out laughing. I didn't realize that was a funny statement.
"Got it," he said, trying unsuccessfully to cover his grin. "Screaming, no. Crying, yes.".  -Reboot

THURSDAY

What I've read today: Reboot (287)
Totatal number of pgs today: 287
Total number of books I’ve read so far: 1
Participated in: Reading sprints on Twitter
Reviews: X
Thoughts: Reboot is impossible to put down and it's surprisingly funny.  I'm glad I chose this as one of my BOB reads because I was able to read it quickly.  Today I was able to not get distracted and read a lot.  After I filmed my Over and Under Hyped Books video I pretty much just read for the rest of the day.
Today in 140 characters: Am I the only one who wanted to get a barcode tattoo like Wren has after reading Reboot?!?! #AmIRight?
Favorite quote of the day: 
"I stayed up and kept watch.  Plus you look all cute and nonlethal when you sleep." -Reboot

FRIDAY

What I've read today: Reboot (35), As They Slip Away (48), Losing Hope Audiobook (30 minutes) Monument 14 (28)
Totatal number of pgs today: 83
Total number of books I’ve read so far: 3
Participated in:x
Reviews: x
Thoughts: Kinda sad Reboot is done.  But now I can move on to Monument 14 which Melina has been raving to me about. I'm a little disturbed by the Across The Universe novella.  It was depressing and had nothing to do with the story.  Well, except to show how sick Luthe is.  Weird. I listened to a little of the audiobook on my way to this ice cream place that has live outdoor music (I wasn't kidding about needing ice cream after that novella).  Now I'm starting Monument 14 before bed.
Today in 140 characters: Silly me. Here I was thinking this novella would be a fun read.  I'm now thoroughly disturbed, depressed, and in need of ice cream and a nap.
Favorite quote of the day: 
I reached for his hand, melting into the kiss.  Behind me, someone cleared her throat.
"Are we kissing or flying?" Beth asked, her annoyance tinged with amusement. -Reboot

SATURDAY

What I've read today: Monument 14 (50)
Totatal number of pgs today: 50
Total number of books I’ve read so far: 3
Participated in:x
Reviews: x
Thoughts: I did everything but read.  It was just one of those days.  I got my car inspected, sad outside and enjoyed the sun, even rearranged furniture.  I was getting ready to read then I noticed I wanted to move my trashcan to under my desk.  Which then promptly turned into me moving all the furniture in my room.  But now there's tons more room so #IWin.  I also went to my friend's baby shower.  It was so much fun and my mouth still hurts from smiling so much and saying AWWWWW at every gift she opened.  This is going to be the best dressed baby ever haha. Hopefully Sunday I actually read so I can finish my 4th book.
Today in 140 characters: Feng Shui is like Pringles. Move one piece of furniture and you can't stop.  But hey, at least now there's more room for activities!
Favorite quote of the day: 
"YOU SINGING 'YANKEE DOODLE'? 'YANKEE DOODLE DANDY?' I'LL F---- KILL YOU!" -Monument 14 
(I literally laughed out loud for like ten minutes at this part where they're marching around signing this and the guy outside is trying to get in.  Not sure why it was so funny.

SUNDAY

What I've read today: Monument 14 (169)
Totatal number of pgs today: 169
Total number of books I’ve read so far: 4
Participated in:x
Reviews: x
Thoughts: x So glad I listened to Melina and Lindsay and picked up this book.  I'd had the sequel on my shelf for awhile and I wasn't planning on getting to it any time soon, but they were raving.  It was such a realistic post apocalyptic book and I think the characters definitely kept my attention.  I really cared about them by the end...even Brayden.  I'm pretty proud I got through 4 books this week.  I'll probably read a little more HP tonight, but the VMAs are on and I want to see the Divergent trailer so...I'm probably done for today.
Today in 140 characters: x
Favorite quote of the day: x


Wrap Up

Books Read: (4) Eve, Reboot, As They Slip Away, and Reboot
Total number of pages read: 1,111
Participated in:Tweet chats and 2 challenges
ThoughtsYou know how usually when I know I'm supposed to be reading I find everything else in the world to do but read?  I'll be like I should read so I can reach my goal...ooooo shiny.  And then I'm distracted for 5 hours.  Well this time I resisted the shiny objects that are life's distractions.  And I actually slept because I found out during the BookTubeAThon that humans need sleep to survive...who knew? So I think that's why I was so successful in finishing 1,111 pages.   

1. Bucket List: I really want to go to BEA and ALA this year. I really want to meet the bloggers I’ve talked to on Twitter finally. Plus meeting some of my favorite authors and getting books. What more could you ask for?! This is def the top of my book bucket list!

A. City of Bones- Cassandra Claire
B. President Snow- The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins
C. Something Strange and Deadly- Susan Dennard
D. Thirteen reasons Why- Jay Asher.
E. Shadow and Bone- Leigh Bardugo
F. Hermione Granger- Harry Potter
G. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake- Aimee Bender

Help! I'm being held captive at City of Bones by President Snow!
It is very strange here!
He is demanding thirteen bones to set me free!
I have just discovered that Hermione Granger was captured too!
On second thought, please send lemon cake, and don't worry if you don't hear from us for a awhile!


This was fun!  I thought it was funny how it worked out with the bones being the ransom!  I wouldn't mind chillin' with Hermione eating lemon cake at all haha.

^^Back To the Top^^

Newer Post Older Post
@MelissaJoLynn_

You Might Also Like

33 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images