Waiting on Wednesday #13

12:00 AM




Bloggers feature books that they are eagerly anticipating to be published.




Sorry I've been MIA this weekend.  I was at Irish Fest in Wildwood partying it up.  The town blocks off about 10 blocks of streets and there are tents full of irish stuff.  There's a live band and the bars are all huge dance parties.  The only downside is now that I'm 23 a weekend of partying leaves me exhausted and achy.  I'm getting old (I was limping around work like an old lady yesterday)!  It was a blast though and I got to see some of my  best friends from college.  Anyways, here's my three WOW picks.  I couldn't decide on one so I put all three.  What are you waiting on?



Goodreads Summary 

1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans, to hide in plain sight from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…



Release date:  April 23, 2013

Why I am excited:  
It sounds futuristic and borderline dystopian.  A girl is running and hiding.  And the one guy she can't have she is attracted to.  Sounds like things could get really messy!








Goodreads Summary 

My friends and I are spending prom weekend at a remote wooded cabin on the Dead. The Dead River.

I thought it was going to be just us.

I was wrong.



Release date:  April 9, 2013

Why I am excited:  
Not much to the summary, but it has a great cover, and you know how much I love covers.  And it sounds really creepy!
  


Goodreads Summary 
When Seventeen-year-old Deon Harbor saves a young boy from being hit by a car with her special ability, she flees her hometown and hides away for six long years. Upon her return, old wounds are reopened and Deon discovers that someone is after her. In a world where having an un-human ability means public execution, one girl will take a stand against it all and fight for her life and the lives of others like her.



Release date: 2013

Why I am excited:  
It reminds me a lot of Shatter Me.  The covers are so similar and the girl has a superpower and is on the run.  But I'm still excited.  It sounds like it has a strong main character.  

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images