Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post #13

12:01 PM


STSmall_thumb[2]
 The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by  Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  Both are a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and talk about what is coming up for the week on our blog. Link up each week.  I will be doing Weekly Recap, What books I got that week, and a sneak peek of what to expect for the next week on my blog.

FROM THE LIBRARY, B&N, & Author



  

The Truth About Faking
I know I said I wasn't going to read any Indie books for awhile, but the author contacted me with a personal email (not a mass email lol) so I decided to check out the book.  It's actually really good so far.  I'm hoping to have a review for it by Wednesday.


Easy


After reading some reviews of this I'm really excited to read it.  It sounds dramatic!


Timepiece
This is weird, but one night I had a dream I was picking up Timepiece from a shelf.  The next day I went to the library and it was sitting right on the top shelf like in my dream.  I took that as a sign that I had to get it!


Half-Blood & Daimon

I am officially addicted to Jennifer Armentrout's books!  After devouring Obsidian and Onyx I quickly bought Half-Blood.  I finished reading Daimon and I'm excited to start this series.

Cursed

I already finished this one.  I had ordered it from B&N and then realized my address was entered wrong.  I was so worried it wouldn't get here, but it actually came before Easy and Half-Blood.  A week before it was even sold in stores!  I'll be reviewing this one tomorrow =)

Obsidian & Onyx

Obsidian and Onyx are two of the best books I've ever read.  I love Daemon.  Enough said.


WEEKLY RECAP

            
This week I finally settled into a schedule with this new job.  I would come home from work, write a post, and schedule it.  It was nice and relaxing.  I also got some pretty amazing books this wee!  It was my first time buying anything online from B&N.  I couldn't believe how fast they came in!  

Last night I went to an Oktoberfest event in my town.  I was read to eat and drink German food and beer, but then I got a killer headache and ended up going home early.  I tried to go to sleep, but some neighbor was having a party and the band was so loud!  Even with my windows shut I could hear the words to Ride Sally Ride clear as day.  At least the lead singer had a good voice.

 NEXT WEEK

Reviews to come:
*Onyx
*Cursed
*The Truth About Faking
*The Book of Blood and Shadow
*Cinder

Posts:
*Pros & Cons of Reading Buddies 
*Teaser Tuesday
*Waiting on Wednesday
*October Readathon-Scary Books!
*How the show Breaking Amish reminded me of the Abnegation people

What goodies did you get this week? 
 Leave a link and I'll stop by.

You Might Also Like

18 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images