My first Book Convention: ALA 2014

6:23 PM

I'm typically an introvert on days that end with Y.  I talk when it's socially expected of me, but if I don't know the people I feel 50 shades of awkward during the whole conversation.  Did I mention I also hate large crowds?  

So when I saw American Library Association was happening and that it was possible for me to go I had a few reservations.  What if I got lost getting there?  What if the crowds were too daunting?  What if I ran into people I knew from online?

But the promise of free books can pretty much get me to do anything (within reason of course).  So I ventured to my first convention and had the best day I've had in a long time.   Besides meeting one of my favorite authors and getting books.  I also met three amazing bloggers who I've talked to on twitter for about a year now (Jamie, Betty, and Gabby).  And a few other bloggers I'd never talked to before.  That's the beauty of events like these.  You get to meet people.  And while that used to scare me...I'm really glad I put myself out there and did this.  I even got the nerves up to ask Rainbow Rowell to say hi for the vlog I made.  She was such a sweetheart!  


BookBFF BookTube Channel

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images