Bout of Books 9.0 Goals & Updates

7:32 PM



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

This'll be my 4th Bout of Books Readathon!!!  I decided to use a TBR jar this time to pick what I will be reading this week.  It was unexpectedly the most fun I've had picking books for a readathon.


Are you participating?  What will you be reading?


MONDAY

Totatal number of pgs today: 70% of Every Little Dream and 63 pgs of Attachments
Thoughts: I decided to pick up my ebook while I was out today and ended up flying through it.  It was addicting and unputdownable!  Then when I got home I started Attachments and it's really fun so far.  Def brings a smile to my face.
Favorite quote of the day: "I'm not even the same person who could zip up that dress.  That person thought that wearing an ugly dress on the happiest day of someonelse's life was just the beginning--the line you have to stand in to get your own happiest day.  There is no such line.  There's just the waiting room scene from Beetlejuice." -pg 25 of Attachments

TUESDAY

Totatal number of pgs today:  on 20% of The Edge of Never and 48 pgs of Attachments
Thoughts:  on I'm enjoying both books, but the edge of never seems little strange so far.  I can't place my finger on it, but I'm not sure how I feel just yet.  It switched POVs after 120 pgs and I was thrown off.
Favorite quote of the day: "Tonight it was enough to be one of them.  To be somepleace where he always had a spot at the table, where everybody already knew that he didn't like olives on his pizza, and they always looked happy to see him. When Lincon realized he was rewriting the theme song to Chhers, he decided to stop thinking and just play."-84 Attachments.

WEDNESDAY

Totatal number of pgs today:  8% The Edge of Never and 
Thoughts: I'm kinda mad at the main character in The Edge of Never, but at the same time I like her.  I also really like that this book addresses mental illness and depression.  The main character says she's depressed, but we haven't really seen it yet.  I'm kinda confused.
Favorite quote of the day: "
"Grandma," Ben said, "this banana is dirty"...
"It's banana-colored."
"Lincoln is not rotting," their grandmother said.
"He isn't living," Eve said...
"I'm not sorry about anything I said," she said. "It was all true.  You are rotting here."
"Maybe," he said. "Maybe I'm ripening."
Eve slammed the back door closed.
-pg 118-119 Attachments

THURSDAY

Totatal number of pgs today: 10% of The Edge of Never and 111 pages of Attachments.
ThoughtsThe Edge of Never is really creepy and weird in between being cute and fun, but I'm hoping there's an explanation for it. 
Favorite quote of the day: 

FRIDAY

Totatal number of pgs today: Finished The Edge of Never and Attachments
Thoughts: I cried so hard at the end of TEON.  And Attachments made me smile.  So I had so many feels this night haha.  There ended up being a reason the guy was acting strange and I'm okay with TEON now.  I want the sequel.
Favorite quote of the day:  "Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost." -Attachments (I think it's a quote from the hobbit but she mentioned it in this book)

SATURDAY

Totatal number of pgs today: 50 pgs of If I Stay
Thoughts: The family in this book reminds me of the family from Easy A.  They're hilarious and sarcastic.  They have a very similar sense of humor to myself and my family so I was instantly attached to them.
Favorite quote of the day: 

SUNDAY

Totatal number of pgs today: 
Thoughts: 
Favorite quote of the day: 


WRAP UP

Books Read: 4
Total number of pages read: 
Participated in:
Thoughts  

You Might Also Like

9 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images