Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Event: Feature & Follow Friday (#6)


Gain New Blog Followers



This meme is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read
 It is a great way to meet fellow bloggers and gain new followers.  Each participant will answer the week's F&F questions.  And each week a blogger will be Featured on the host's website. 




This week's featured bloggers are from:

                    fakestephbutton Feature & Follow #96
This week's question:

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day. In celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?


This is hard because a lot of YA books don't have parents or they are disengaged from their child's life.  But recently I read Unearthly/Hallowed where the mother was very involved.

Even though the mom keeps a lot of secrets from Clara they still have a strong bond and would do anything for each other.  

Leave comments with a link to your Follow Friday/Feature & Follow and I'll be sure to check it out!
     
Tweeted: 
@YARebels @JAScribbles @velvetmorning82 @fakesteph @puppytia999 


My life story haha
 My mom in particular is one of the best on this planet and I feel really blessed to be her daughter.
Just want to say Happy Mothers Day to all moms out there!





12 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book. I'm just starting to get more into trying different genres. Maybe I'll have to put it on my wishlist.

    Thanks for stopping by:

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Unearthly, but I didn't like it very much, so that's why I probably forgot about it.
    You have such a cute blog! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your dog is so cute! I totally forgot about the strong mother/child relationship in the Unearthly series. Great pick! New follower! Check out my FF:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of those books! Have to check them out! Thanks for stopping by my FF! :)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotta read Unearthly soon! Everyone is recommending it this week. Great answer!

    Following back.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Unearthly yet, but my co-blogger liked it. I have it on my TBR list.

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, happy Friday! I haven't read this yet, but will have to check it out someday! New follower, by the way. Hope you can stop by my blog sometime. :) Have a great weekend!

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-8.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Unearthly... it's too bad there weren't more moms to choose from (my opinion)! Maybe that's something that needs to change in the genre. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. unearthly is on my to read list!! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing Unearthly mentioned! I think I'm FINALLY going to get to it this month.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unearthly appears to be in second place behind the HP series (especially citing Mrs. Weasly).

    New follower:
    http://michelecozzens.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following on twitter! Following back :)

    The Muggle
    Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! If you leave a comment I will either answer it here or stop by your blog and post something there. I appreciate every comment and love to hear your thoughts. Happy Reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...