Weekly Event: Shelf Candy Saturday #4

3:31 PM





This is a meme hosted by fivealarmbookreview.com where we celebrate cover artists who have designed captivating cover art.  To participate click the link above for details.





(#4)

Lucid
From Goodreads
What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.













Why I Chose it:

This one is like an illusion.  I feel like she's going to fall any second.  And from this angle she doesn't really look peaceful.  I wonder why she's upside down and what she's dreaming about.  I also love the color and how the word is kind of rippled like water.  And the dots in the background too are a nice touch.  It's simple, but sometimes simple is better.  


Leave a link to your shelf candy and I'll be sure to check it out!

Good news!
I found out yesterday I got a teaching job!  I'll be teaching Kindergarten at a local daycare and working at their summer camp!  I'm beyond excited.  If you read my post about how after a year of searching for a job I was starting to get a little discouraged then you know how much of a big deal this is for me.  So remember everyone...never give up hope!

That's why I've been MIA the past few days.  I've been in interviews and meetings and what not.  I'm going to try and write all my posts on the weekends so that I can schedule them to go live during the week.  And I'll still be on twitter at night while watching my shows, but if I'm not around as much that is why.      


You Might Also Like

10 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images