Review & Recipe #2

12:00 AM



I started a new meme here where I will be posting mini reviews  on the 1st of every month along with a recipe I've created or found that relates to the book.  To join me, add the image above to your post and link up below.



Mini Review:

Can someone please explain to me why I waited this long to read this book? Seriously, if you haven't read this book drop whatever you're doing (well finish reading my review first) then go get this book.  It was so action packed and had such a scary realistic dystopian world I literally could not put it down.  

So much happens in this book yet it only takes place within a few days.  I loved Ember's character.  While she's stupid at times and puts herself in unnecessary danger, she's also really good at getting herself out of it.  And Chase was the dark brooding hunk that is just a teen trying to figure out his life in the middle of a crazy post war world.  

Breaking Point just came out and it's taking everything in me not to just go spend money and buy it right this second.  That's how you can tell I love a book...when I'm willing to just go buy the book right away!  Seriously go read it!  
Mexican Lettuce Wraps

Recipe:

This meal seems so intricate, much like Article 5, but underneath the wraps it's actually quite simple and enjoyable!  My cousin and I love to get together and try to make healthy recipes out of ones we already have.  One day we raided the pantry and came up with this version of a mexican layered dip that my family has made for years.  It's healthy and obnoxiously delicious.

Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
4 tbs. plain greek yogurt (or you can use sour cream)
1/2 pkg taco mix
1 cup cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat cheese)
1/3 cup onion chopped
1/3 cup tomato chopped
1/3 cup black beans
1/3 cup corn
1 cup ground turkey
1 head of lettuce (I like Iceberg for this)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. On the stove brown the ground turkey until cooked.  Stir in the taco seasoning.
3. Add to the pot: onion, black beans, corn and stir till mixed. 
3. In a 9in pan layer refried beans, greek yogurt, meat mixture, tomatoes, cheddar cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
5. Serve on lettuce (or if you want to be a little unhealthy chips work great too!)  
6. Sit back and relax while everyone praises your delicious cooking.




You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images