The Random # Survey

12:00 AM


Jamie's A-Z Survey inspired me to make up a survey!  This is a way to share your bookshelves with other bloggers.   If you decide to do it please link back to this post.

How to participate:

1. Pick a number.  
Keep in mind how many books you have.  If you have one bookshelf like me you may want to keep it between 1-10.  If you're like Book BFF Angela and have a bunch of bookshelves you may want to pick between a higher range like 1-50.  

I used Random.org and got the # 8!

2. Go to your bookshelf and count that many books until you reach your number. Answer the question with that book.
(I counted 8 books in and got Delirium).  So I used Delirium to answer question 1.  

3. Count the same number of books from where you left off and answer the next question.
 Then I counted 8 more books after Delirium and got The Evolution of Mara Dyer and used that book to answer question 2.  You get the idea...

4. Repeat until you finish the survey
If you land on a book you haven't read yet pick the closest book to the left that you have read and then count on from there for the next question.  You can also add a picture of your bookshelf!


The number I chose: 8

1. What do you think of the cover?
Delirium
Is that a head of lettuce growing out of her ear?  I wasn't very happy when they did the cover changes for this series.  I don't think the girl's face and a random plant have anything to do with the series.  Anyone else agree?

2. Write a review in 140 characters or less.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer:
Best sequel I've read in 2013 since it was fast paced, romantic, funny, original, creepy, and a mind f*ck.  Also, Noah is hot. Go read it! 

3. How or where did you get this book?

Apollyon:
I won it from a giveaway at Synchronized Reading!

4. Who's your favorite character in this book and why?

HP & The Goblet of Fire
This is so hard!  I guess my favorite character is Ron.  I would say Hermione, but she was annoying in this book with the whole House Elf freeing thing.  And Luna doesn't show up until Order of Phoenix.  So Ron because he's funny and a loyal friend.

5. Recommend this book to a fellow blogger you think would like it.

The Collector
I think Melina from Pretty Nifty YA Reader would like this because she liked Daemon in Obsidian and they are very similar characters.  They've got that over confident yet good guy thing going on.

6. How long ago did you read this book?

Exiled
I just read this during the BookTubeAThon actually.  I really liked it and want to continue the series soon.  It was one of my favorite Male POVs ever.

7. Name a favorite scene from this book. (NO SPOILERS)

Sweet Peril
The scene where they "bake brownies and do laundry" *wink* *wink*.  Did I mention how much I <3 Kaiden?

8.  Open to page 87 and pick a random quote to share (NO SPOILERS)

Anatomy of A Boyfriend


9. How did you hear about or discover this book?

Easy
I think I just saw it around the blogosphere.  But then I read this author's other books Between the Lines and now I'm a fan of all her writing.

10. If you could redesign the cover what would you do?

Last Summer
Something a little more true to the book.  In the book she helps him overcome a drug problem so I would make the cover a little darker--a stormy day on the beach.  Maybe show her holding him or something.

11. Name your least favorite character in this book and why?

The forbidden Boy
It's been so long since I've read this, but I always love the guys in Hailey Abbott's books so I think it's safe to say Remi the love interest.

12. Fill in the blank.  If you like ________ then you should try (Your Book).

If you like Wanted or The Bourne Identity (the movies) Then you should try The Syndicate.

I cheated and used movies because I couldn't think of a book that's similar.  I guess the closest thing would be Exiled by MR Merrick.

13. Name one cool thing about this book (under the dust jacket, map, font, photograph, etc.)

The Host
It's hard to see in this picture, but I like that the eye is reflective on the dust jacket.  I could stare at it all day even though that face gives me the creeps.

14.  Where is it set and would you ever want to visit that world/place?

Pride and Prejudice
England! I def wish I could visit the area that it's really set in. 

15.  Who is it deticated to?

Someone Else's Fairytale


Now tag 3 bloggers you want to do this survey.
make sure to let them know you tagged them! 

I tag: 
Michelle from In Libris Veritas

You don't have to be tagged to do the survey.  That's just for funsies.








You Might Also Like

12 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images