15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5

12:28 AM



DAY 5:
 
     I used to be a very emotional person, but for some reason it takes a lot to get me to ugly cry when reading.  Occasionally I'll tear up and sniffle, but very rarely will I full on bawl my eyes out while reading.  Now mind you, I have not read TFIOS or If I Stay yet, both of which I own.  So when I had to think of a  book that made me cry this once came to mind first.  

     Growing up I was never really close with my dad.  We kind of coexisted in the same house.  And I always regretted that, but never knew how to change it.  I figured it was normal. 

     I remember reading The Last Song in my dorm room Junior year and just crying hysterically (SPOILER:highlight to read spoiler) when the dad got sick. and died. It really upset me because the main character took her dad for granted.  And I saw myself in that character and I didn't like what I saw.  I didn't want my story to end up like hers.  So the tears came as I felt so much for these characters and all they had lost and missed out on.  

     I'm happy to report that my dad and I have grown really close this past year.  While this book isn't what made us closer, it is a constant reminder to me not to take him for granted.  Wow, this post turned into how much I love my dad, but that's okay.  So what I'm trying to say is if you want a good cry go read this book.  Make sure you have a full box of tissues with you!  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images