{Review} Intangible by J. Meyers

2:23 PM

Title: Intangible

Author: J. Meyers
Publication date: January 31, 2012
How I got the copy: From author in an exchange for an honest review.

From Goodreads:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret- she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future.  All their lives they've helped those in need on the sly.  They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift. 

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed.  That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse.  Because the thing about Luke's ability?  He's always right.  And he can't do anything about it.


 Multiple POVs
-  Mythical creatures with abilities
-  Action, Romance, Humor, and more.

First, I want to thank J. Meyers for providing me with a copy of Intangible for review.  I'm sorry it took me so long to get to it.  

Intangible is different from any other YA book I've read.  The characters are really mature and dealing with big problems, like how to stop the future from happening.  I loved that they were not typical mythical creatures (although there were some vampires and faeries).  The twins had powers to heal and see visions.  They don't know why they have these powers.   

Each chapter was told from a different point of view.  I've only read books where there are two point of views, but this one had at least four, if not more.  I actually really liked it.  J. Meyer was able to give a unique personality to each character and bring them to life through their actions, thoughts, and dialogue.  I never got confused with who was narrating.  Sera and Luke had a fun, entertaining, brother/sister relationship.  Marc, Jonas, and Fey always kept me wondering if I could trust them.  

I think I would have read this book in a day if it hadn't been for the pacing in the middle of the book.  The beginning and ending are full of action which I read really quickly.  In the middle, when the characters are meeting each other and getting to know each other, it was a little slow for me.  It was necessary at times because we needed to go on the journey with Sera and Luke to discover who they were and where they came from.  But at times I felt myself skimming some of the descriptions.  The parts that were full of action had my undivided attention though.


I would recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy books with a hint of mystery.  It had a little bit of everything: humor, action, romance, etc.  It ended with the possibility of another adventure so I'm wondering if there will be a book 2.        


J. Meyers


You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images