Top Ten Tuesday #19

12:00 AM

Brokeandbookish provides a topic each week and bloggers list their top ten within that category.

February 26: Top Ten Authors I Auto-Buy
I'm going to try to do  mostly authors that I've already read multiple books by them.

I'm so glad this woman is a writing machine and busts out multiple books a year because I don't think I could stand waiting a long time to read her work.  I buy all her books without reading reviews because I know I'll love them and read them multiple times.  I turn to her when I want to do some serious swooning.

Sarah Dessen
She's the reason I got into reading and the reason I got back into YA it after I strayed when I thought I was supposed to be reading Adult books.  Her books are all similar, but that's why I like them.  They feel like home to me.  I turn to her books when I want to smile and ponder life.



I've only ever read Shatter Me, but I love the way she writes.  Her style is just so unique that I'm willing to read anything she'll put down on paper...or a napkin..or a shoe.  If she writes it, I'll buy it and read it!  I turn to her books when I want to get lost in poetic writing.


Simone Elkeles
This lady's magic...magic I tell you!  I've only read a few of her books, but I LOVED all of them.  I buy her books with out reading the back cover often.  I turn to her writing when I want to have lots of feels.
She's such an epic storyteller.  Her books are so imaginative and suspenseful.  I turn to her books when I'm looking for an awesome adventure.
He's probably the only Adult Fiction author I will buy without reading the back cover.  I just love his romance stories.  I turn to his books when I'm looking for a modern day fairytale to restore my faith in love.
Alright so I lied a little...she's also an Adult Fiction author that I auto buy.  Her books make me laugh and smile until my face hurts.  I haven't read a book by her that I don't enjoy.  I turn to her books when I need a good laugh and cute romance and happy ending.

Veronica Roth
I know I've only read her Divergent Series, but I'm pretty sure she can do no wrong.  I'll probably buy all her books no matter what the reviews are in the future.  I turn to her books when I want a dystopian that makes me ponder life.
Veronica Rossi
Again I've only read her Under The Never Sky series, but I love it so much and am pretty sure I'll buy all her books no questions asked in the future.  I turn to her books when I want something original and out of the box.
Her books make me think about life, love, religion, etc.  They keep me engaged and I usually finish them in a few days.  I turn to her books when I want an honest book that will make me reflect.

Do you auto buy any of these authors too?  
Who else do you love?

While you're here have you seen my discussion post on 
how reading 100+ books a year might negatively impact our reading experience as bloggers.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images