That Awkward Thursday #1

12:00 AM

Hosted by Wholly Books

April 4: That awkward moment you realize your online friends "get you" better than your real friends

At first when I saw this topic I was like "Oh that doesn't apply to me" because my real friends are awesome and love me for me.  But when I really thought about it I realized I don't ever talk about reading with them (except for a select few who I have converted to love YA).  And I never talk about blogging with them at all, ever.  And basically reading and blogging make up about 75% of my life right now while I'm still on the mend health-wise (I've had no social life the past four months). 

I started going to my online friends when I wanted to talk about books I was reading and or want to read.  But slowly over time I've started to talk to these bloggers more and more to the point where we talk about anything and everything.  Gaby from Queen Ella Bee Reads and I talk about The Carrie Diaries show like they're real people and now she's got me hooked on Veronica Mars.  Book Rock Betty helped me feel less nervous about trying a holistic dr.  I even went to a virtual birthday party for Nikki from Fiction Freak on twitter #HappyBirthdayNikki.  

It has come to the point where I'll go to my online friends first sometimes to talk about things since all my friends from college live far away now that we're done with school and I never see them anymore.  And with my bookish friends I don't have to hide the fact that I love Aiden from the covenant series or the fact that I spent two hours in a bookstore just roaming around browsing.  They understand and don't think that's strange.  

The book blogging community is one of the most accepting and caring groups of people I've ever met.  I'm so glad to be part of it and so thankful for all the friends I've made!  So thank you all for being there for me!

*Group hugs y'all* 


Check out my Bookish Bucket List

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images