{Review} Deity by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

9:04 PM


Title: Deity
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Number of Pgs. 330
Publication date: November 6, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: YA, Fantasy
How I got the copy:  Bought
Rating: 5 Stars


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 


But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 


Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...



I've been using a new way of reviewing that I saw over at Making the Grade.  It breaks the book down and makes it easier to rate.  The way it works is each category gets a score out of ten points.  Then you add them all up + 50 (50% automatically for each book) and that's your score out of 100.

9/10: My new favorite number is 22!  Chapter 22 was everything I ever wanted and more.  If you're Team Aiden then you need to read this book.  It made me fall for him even more!  I love that the series started out slow and by book three the plot is so thick the reader isn't really sure how the characters will get out alive.  Everything I thought I knew was completely wrong.  I loved being surprised by good characters turned bad and vice versa.  I really felt like I was on a roller coaster.  One of those ones with lots of loopty loops.  And by the last page I was breathless and wanting to go for another ride.  I can't wait for the next book!  I need to know what happens.

9/10: These characters are hilarious.  Alex's wit cracks me up like no other character I've ever read.  I think it's something you have to get used to like the Lorelei and Rory on Gilmore Girls and their fast wit.  It's a personal taste.  I love when there's funny banter in books.  Alex also really matures in this book.  It is probably the best example of character development I've ever read before.  It felt natural and she's still standing up for what she believes in, but she's a little more level headed.  She's got an Aiden shaped angel on her shoulder.


Speaking of hot male leads.  Aiden just keeps getting better.  He finally throws caution to the wind a little and I think ever reader was thankful for that.  We also get to see a little bit about his background and why he is the way he is.  Oh and did I mention he plays guitar?  What else is hotter than that?



Seth started to annoy me again in this book.  He needed to take a chill pill and just let things happen on their own.  I can't wait to see how he progresses in the next book.  


 9/10: I love this world that has been created and the portrayal of real issues that we can relate to.  Like civil rights issues that we are dealing with in 2013 (but in this case it's half-bloods vs pure bloods) and how everyone should be equal to love whoever they want.  And who said YA wasn't educating?

9/10: As usual the beginning is sorta slow, but the ending was so fast I stayed up late again to finish it.  It's worth the lack of sleep.

10/10: I can't get enough of Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing.  I'm kinda bummed that I read almost all her books already.  I have to wait a few more months to get my next fix.

I just figured out the cover image.  I think that's the back of Alex's neck with the last symbol.  I can't believe it took me that long to figure out what it was!  Anyways, I loved this book and I can't wait to spread the love.  Go buy this series and then come chat with me about it.
96/100 



“Just so you know, I get incredibly bored quite easily and you will be forced to be my source of entertainment. You'll kind of be like my own personal jester."

I flipped him off.

"Well that wasn't funny at all.” 



"My fingers shifted through his hair as I held him to me.  His kisses were doing crazy, strange, and wonderful things to me. I whispered his name over and over again like some kind of mad prayer."
― Jennifer L. ArmentroutDeity












       



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images