Armchair BEA 2013 Introduction

12:00 AM



Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?








      Hey fellow book nerds!  Nice to meet you.  My name is Melissa.  I'm a 23 year old blogger and I may or may not have an addiction to books.  When I'm not reading you can most likely find me baking some new recipe I found on Pinterest or dancing.  Sometimes I multitask and do both at the same time...which then leads to my other favorite thing...cleaning!

      I started blogging after I graduated college.  I had all this free time to read finally, but no one to discuss books with.  My dad randomly suggested I try blogging one day and use my reading buddy, Harley Bear, as a mascot.  Now I've been actively blogging for a little over a year and it has been an amazing journey.  

Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 







      I'm from NJ.  Which is why it's killing me that I can't make it to BEA this year since it's only a short ride away.  But I plan on going to ALA and BEA next year.  Anyone else live in the area?  I haven't met any bloggers yet in real life.  I have been to Books of Wonder once for a signing though so if you go there let me know because I plan on going back for future events.

Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event?  






      Last year I participated, but didn't take full advantage of it.  I'm excited to join in the twitter parties and Instagram thing.  I decided to come back this year because I want to meet more bloggers!  I met a few last week during Bout of Books and now we talk daily so I think events like these are awesome for connecting with more readers.

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?  






      Flow charts and quizzes are my favorite.  Whenever I'm reading a magazine I always go for the fun pages first.  So I started making them for my blog randomly.   Here's a chart to help you decide What Should You Read Next and a quiz to see Which Literary Character Are You?

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?  


 I would go on a date...yes a date...with Daemon Black from the Lux Series.  If you've read it you know exactly what I'm talking about.  If you haven't read it you really need to go do so right now!  He's hilariously witty, easy on the eyes, and he loves cookies.  What more could you want?
Yum!
Now I want to hear about you!  Do we have anything in common?  
Leave a link to your intro post and I'll be sure to stop by. 

I'll also be on twitter a lot this week @HarleyBearBooks and 
if you're doing the instagram thing you can find my photos here.



You Might Also Like

61 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images